Host and Referee Positions,
Candidates should be fun, outgoing, energetic and RELIABLE. You should be able to work without direct supervision and be a self starter and problem solver when needed. Host and ref positions are an opportunity for someone who seeks to be an integral part of a team where their actions directly impact the success of the company.
By working directly with our members you are the first point of contact and the “face” of the company. You must be able to handle dynamic situations, keep a calm in a storm and otherwise be a fun and sociable person! Experience with specific sports is ideal but we welcome those who are a quick study and willing to learn.
Hosts: Produce a fun and energetic experience for all players involved. Hosting positions are for bar & leisure sports such as Kickball, Skeeball, Cornhole, Bocce and More.
Refs: To manage the games in a respectful manner while keeping everyone safe and allowing all players to have a good time. Referee positions are open for basketball, soccer, softball, volleyball and more. Prior experience in reffing is required.
Run nightly operations for sports leagues including but not limited to field/location set up and break down, reffing/hosting the games, and equipment transportation if needed. Track scores, communicate with players, execute daily tasks and act as the local “FACE” of United Social Sports.
Skills and Interests:
- Have great time management and organizational skills
- Any ref licensing or accreditation is encouraged but not required for team sports
- Be enthusiastic, self-motivated and outgoing
- Have good communication skills
- Be able to think on your feet and problem solve
- Have a positive and adaptable approach to customers
- Be able to work as part of a team
- Possess an eye for detail
Benefits of Position:
- Great part time work for those looking to meet new people
- Work around a college schedule
- This position has season availability.
- Stay active while on the job
Benefits of United Social Sports:
- Dynamic working environment - no two days are ever the same
- Access to USS and area social events, movie screenings and more
- Free memberships in our sports leagues
Salary is commensurate with experience, scope of duties and seniority. $15-30 / hr is the typical range.